Jobs: Drupal Front-end Developer/Website Manager
Lambda Legal seeks a full-time Drupal Front-end Developer/Website Manager in its Education and Public Affairs Department to maintain Lambda Legal’s website. Lambda Legal is a national, nonprofit organization committed to achieving full recognition of the civil rights of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (“LGBT”) people and those with HIV through impact litigation, education, and public policy work. Founded in 1973 and headquartered in New York City, Lambda Legal has regional offices in Los Angeles, Chicago, Atlanta and Dallas.
The Education and Public Affairs (EPA) Department leads the community education, communications and marketing efforts of the organization and coordinates with the Legal Department in carrying out our public affairs work. The goals of the EPA Department are to influence the national debate, create public support for Lambda Legal’s impact litigation and for laws that lead to equality for LGBT people and people living with HIV, and increase support for the organization by communicating Lambda Legal’s ideas and achievements to a broad range of audiences. EPA reports and explains the purpose and results of our work, teaches people about their rights under the law, and amplifies the voices of our experts and of affected communities through a variety of media and high-impact education campaigns. EPA also strengthens Lambda Legal’s work by forging strategic partnerships with allies, coalitions and policy makers.
The Website Project Manager maintains Lambda Legal’s Drupal-based website, lambdalegal.org. The person in this position manages day-to-day, mid- and long-term website projects; designs and delivers solutions; works with cross-functional team members and agency partners; provides oversight of our CRM (Convio/Luminate); and manages outside vendors, as assigned. The person also monitors and analyzes data in order to optimize digital communications.
The Website Project Manager job duties include but are not limited to the following:
· Under the direction of Department Director and Communications Director, manages web projects from planning to execution.
· Works with internal stakeholders to prioritize web projects, set expectations, and understand requirements.
· Analyzes website metrics and key performance indicators to constantly test and refine web products and features, and provides project status updates on a weekly basis.
· Manages user permissions and assists with ongoing content edits and entry.
· Develops and executes usability testing plans.
· Ensures the use of best practices and applies lessons learned from previous projects.
· Manages freelancers and agency partners, as assigned.
· May be required to design wireframes, mockups, and user interface elements.
· Trains team members on use of Drupal content management system (CMS) and Convio/Luminate customer relationship management system (CRM).
Compensation is commensurate with experience in the context of a mid-size non-profit organization. Excellent employer-paid benefits package is provided including medical, dental, life and long-term disability insurance and generous employer contribution to retirement account. Generous vacation.
Submit resumes, cover letters and link to portfolio or work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidate review will begin Sept. 3, 2013 and continue until position is filled.
No calls please. Due to the high volume of applications, Lambda Legal cannot return phone calls about the position and, regrettably, cannot notify applicants of the status of applications unless an interview is requested.
Lambda Legal is an equal opportunity employer. People of color, women, people of all gender identities and gender expressions, and people with disabilities, including HIV, are encouraged to apply.