Jobs: Web Associate
Lambda Legal seeks a full-time Web Associate in its Education and Public Affairs Department to create and manage content for Lambda Legal’s website. Lambda Legal is a national, nonprofit organization committed to achieving full recognition of the civil rights of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (“LGBT”) people and those with HIV through impact litigation, education, and public policy work. Founded in 1973 and headquartered in New York City, Lambda Legal has regional offices in Los Angeles, Chicago, Atlanta and Dallas.
The Education and Public Affairs (EPA) Department leads the community education, communications and marketing efforts of the organization and coordinates with the Legal Department in carrying out our public affairs work.
The Web Associate will work under the supervision of the Digital Communications Director to create and upload content to Lambda Legal’s Drupal-based website, lambdalegal.org and assist in the creation of mini-sites and digital advocacy campaigns.
The Web Associate job duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Create and publish content on website, under the direction of the Digital Communications Director;
- Monitor and maintain sections of website to ensure that content is up to date and accurate;
- Under the direction of Digital Communications Director, manage web projects from planning to execution;
- Work with internal stakeholders to prioritize web projects, set expectations, and determine requirements;
- Help design and build special mini-sites and online campaign pages such as petitions or ‘tell your story’ pages;
- Monitor and report website analytics;
- Coordinate with content producers on social media platforms.
Other duties may be assigned.
Compensation is commensurate with experience in the context of a mid-size non-profit organization. Excellent employer-paid benefits package is provided including medical, dental, life and long-term disability insurance and generous employer contribution to retirement account. Generous vacation.
Submit resumes, cover letters and link to portfolio or work samples to email@example.com
Candidate review will begin December 16, 2013, and continue until position is filled.
No calls please. Due to the high volume of applications, Lambda Legal cannot return phone calls about the position and, regrettably, cannot notify applicants of the status of applications unless an interview is requested.
Lambda Legal is an equal opportunity employer. People of color, women, transgender people, and people with disabilities, including HIV, are encouraged to apply.