Jobs: Database and Reports Manager
Lambda Legal seeks a Database and Reports Manager to join their Development Department. This position will be primarily responsible for working with Development and Finance staff to create and maintain Development reports, exports, imports and forms and oversees the maintenance of the Raiser’s Edge (off line) and Convio (online) databases. This position reports to the Director of Membership and Integrated Direct Marketing and supervises the Database Associate and Online Database Associate.
Lambda Legal is a national, nonprofit organization committed to achieving full recognition of the civil rights of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) people and those with HIV through impact litigation, education, and public policy work. Founded in 1973 and headquartered in New York City, Lambda Legal has regional offices in Los Angeles, Chicago, Atlanta and Dallas.
The Database and Reports Manager (DRM) ensure the security and integrity of data and constituent records, ensures proper allocation of incoming donations as well as reconciles income between Development and Accounting. The DRM implements, maintains and trains Development staff on development database systems and oversees a team of database associates; plus other tasks as assigned.
The Database and Reports Manager:
- Reports and Data processing: Creates and maintains reports, list pulls, queries, imports, and exports using Raiser’s Edge 7, Crystal Reports, Access, Excel, or other programs to fulfill the data and analysis needs of the Development Department, Board and Volunteers, and the Finance Department.
- Database Integrity: Works closely with Development Staff to ensure accuracy in gift and constituent coding; Assumes responsibility for database integrity and responds quickly and accurately to requests for changes and updates to databases.
- Donation and Revenue Maintenance: Manages the daily donation activity, including all online and offline giving, ensuring all donations are correctly coded and credited to the appropriate constituent and ensures that daily reconciliation and income reports are complete by the end of the day as well as monthly and annual reconciliation of Raiser’s Edge income to General Ledger revenue. Acts as liaison between Lambda Legal and outside program administrator for all questions and concerns as well as acts as a point person between Development Staff, Accounting Staff and our Stock Account Staff.
- Online Database Maintenance: Oversees Online Database Associate to ensure Web based database is in sync with Raiser’s Edge donor database to allow all departments to utilize the program effectively.
- Events Module Maintenance: Work with Events Staff to create accurate and complete Events Module Records in Raiser’s Edge and creates and maintains forms using Microsoft Word and Adobe Acrobat to ease communications as well as creates and maintains reports to aid Events staff with Event specific needs.
- Training: Develop and maintain development guidelines and train Development staff on use of Raiser’s Edge.
- Troubleshooting/Problem Solving: Provides support to Development and Finance Staff when questions, concerns or problems arise. Prepares for and assists with annual audit for areas concerning income, and other information as needed. Act as a liaison between the Administration and Finance, Development, and EPA departments for areas concerning the input of constituents, gifts, and other data related to the donor database.
- Constituent Management and Donation entry: Review and create individual donor, business and gift records to ensure accuracy and consistency in address listings, gift allocation, pledge payments, giving level, proper and personalized salutations, marital status, gender, matching gift agreements, contact information/limitations and any other information that is required by Development/Finance staff.
The DRM must have excellent written and oral skills. S/he must be detail oriented and focused, yet adaptable and responsive and have excellent problem-solving skills and must work well with others. The Database and Reports Manager must have database experience, preferably with Raiser's Edge. And must be fluent with Microsoft Office products (especially MS Word, Excel and Internet Explorer). We prefer a candidate with fluency in Crystal Reports for Blackbaud, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Access and Lotus Notes.
Salary is commensurate with experience within the guidelines of the Lambda Legal salary scale. Excellent employer-paid benefits package is provided including medical, dental, life and long-term disability insurance and generous employer contribution to retirement account. Generous vacation.
The position is open until filled. Send resume and cover letter to Matthew Rojas. Fax 212-809-0055
No calls please. Due to the high volume of applications, Lambda Legal cannot return phone calls about the position and, regrettably, cannot notify applicants of the status of applications unless an interrview is requested.
Lambda Legal is an equal opportunity employer. People of color, women, people of all gender identities and gender expressions, and people with disabilities, including HIV, are encouraged to apply.