Jobs: National Events Coordinator
Lambda Legal seeks a National Events Coordinator (NEC) to join their Development Department. Based in the headquarters office in New York City, this position is primarily responsible for managing a portfolio of national events, event committees, and coordinating the operations of regional events (house parties, cultivation events, third party events), with a focus on partnering with Major Gifts Officers to support individual giving efforts wherever possible. The NEC is critical to the functioning of the national events program at Lambda Legal which oversees 70 to 90 fundraising events annually. As Lambda Legal’s fundraising efforts are structured around a teamwork model, the NEC may also be assigned other duties outside of these areas.
About Lambda Legal
Lambda Legal is a national organization committed to achieving full recognition of the civil rights of lesbians, gay men, bisexuals, transgender people, and people with HIV, through impact litigation, education, and public policy work. Founded in 1973 and headquartered in New York City, Lambda has regional offices in Los Angeles, Chicago, Atlanta and Dallas, with an emerging office in Washington D.C.
- The NEC will plan and manage events, from concept to execution, which includes, but is not limited to: developing budgets, timelines and workplans, setting up registration and ticketing, securing vendors (venues, catering, A/V, talent/entertainment), managing event committee meetings, drafting run-of-shows and assisting in devising event ask strategies.
- The NEC will manage all pre- and post- day-of logistics required to successfully produce the event, including attendee RSVP tracking, overseeing check-in processes, setup and breakdown, coordinating vendors, assisting with speakers/VIPs, overseeing event volunteers, and ensuring a follow-up and thank you plan is in place.
- The NEC will coordinate the team’s overall backend operations in addition to regional and non-ticketed events in our regional offices, which includes, but is not limited to: setting up events in Raiser’s Edge, maintaining the events calendar, publishing events on the website, processing invoices and income, coordinating cash collection, operating revenue reconciliation, pulling and analyzing financial reports, tracking and cleaning up data, and ensuring the proper attribution and documentation of gifts.
- The NEC will coordinate an aggressive national events email calendar, working closely with Development staff to devise and design emails to publicize and promote our fundraising events for national or regional audiences
- The NEC will be coordinate the design and production of event collateral and promotional materials, including sponsorship packets, print and email invitations, social media publicity, and email correspondence.
- The NEC will provide strong administrative management and support, including ordering team supplies, tracking inventory and equipment, answering donor inquiries, executing sponsorship mailings, fulfilling event invitations, completing check requests, entering pledges, taking on special projects as needed, etc.
- The NEC will have some travel requirements.
- Additional duties as assigned.
A candidate must be able to work in an autonomous environment and be self-directed and self-motivated. A qualified individual will have at least 2-4 years in managing or coordinating fundraising events is required. Experience working closely with board members, key volunteers, and knowledge of LGBT and/or philanthropic communities in assigned areas is required. Exposure to working with individual donors in the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of annual gifts is desirable. Expertise in social media, marketing, design, HTML, and an eye for aesthetics is a bonus. Software experience with Microsoft Office, spreadsheets and donor software (preferably Raiser’s Edge) are necessary.
Due to the fast paced nature and its national focus, strong self-management (time, prioritization, being proactive, taking initiative) is critical. Outstanding written and oral interpersonal communication, analytical, organizational and administrative skills are required. This position requires excellent attention to detail and a high degree of precision in approach, management, and execution. Ability to work well independently on several projects concurrently, and possess excellent communication, organizational, and creative thinking skills. Strong initiative, customer service orientation, and volunteer management skills are required.
Supervisory responsibilities are limited to managing volunteer committees, event volunteers, and event consultants, if applicable. This team member may be asked to train development interns and new development staff in Raiser’s Edge and Convio event procedures. This position has no direct staff reports. This position reports to the National Events Manager.
Salary: Salary is commensurate with experience within the guidelines of Lambda Legal scale. Excellent employer paid benefits package including medical, dental, life and long-term disability insurance and generous employer contribution to retirement account. Generous vacation.
Application: The position is open until filled. Send resume, cover letter and salary requirements, by e-mail only to: Adrian Ogle, National Events Manager at [email protected] with the subject line of “National Events Coordinator”. Salary requirements MUST be included with application.